Criminal Defense Attorneys Who Fight For You
From Traffic Tickets To Serious Crimes, We Can Help
The most common types of legal violations have to do with driving a car. Whether you’ve been charged with illegal parking, speeding or DWI, we will work to preserve your freedom (and freedom to drive) while mitigating the consequences associated with the charges.
Our lawyers are also prepared to represent you against nearly all other misdemeanor and felony charges. We are licensed to practice in both state and federal court, and we are dedicated to resolving your charges in the most favorable manner available.
What To Do If You Are Arrested
Being confronted by a police officer can feel embarrassing or threatening. You may even feel angry because you did nothing wrong. Although you will have a chance to contest the officer’s actions later on, it is important to keep calm and follow instructions.
Here’s what to do if you are about to be arrested:
- DO NOT RESIST. Resisting arrest will only add to your legal troubles.
- Allow yourself to be taken into custody.
- Give the officer your name, address and any identifying information. Do not lie to them.
- Say nothing further. Tell the officer you wish to have an attorney present.
- When you are given your phone call, contact a loved one and ask them to contact Webster & Dubs, P.C., immediately.
- If you are arraigned without an attorney and no public defender is present, do not say anything in court. The judge will read the charges to you and ask you how you plead. When asked, plead not guilty.
- Ask the judge for time to contact an attorney.
- Contact Webster & Dubs, P.C., before your next court date.
Discuss Your Rights And Options With A Criminal Defense Lawyer — Contact Us Today
With an office in Buffalo, Webster & Dubs, P.C., serves clients in Buffalo and surrounding parts of New York. To discuss your criminal charges with an experienced attorney, call 716-259-1029 or send us an email.