If You Can Live In
It, We Can Help!
Joshua E. Dubs
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate/LLC Formation
- Criminal/DWI Defense
- Judgment Enforcement
- Probate/Estate Administration
- Real Estate
- Traffic Tickets
- Wills and Trusts
Josh is originally from the great state of Rhode Island. He grew up there, graduating cum laude from Rocky Hill School in 2000. From there he attended Union College in Schenectady, New York. While at Union, he was a member of Alpha Epsilon Pi, wrote for the newspaper, Concordiensis, and participated in clubs such as Mountebanks (the student-run theatre group), the German Klub, UBGLAD (the Gay-Straight Alliance), and was a member of the Student Judiciary Committee.
Josh graduated from Union in 2004 with a Bachelor's Degree in History and Performance Art, with a minor in German. Following a brief stint as a reporter for a newspaper in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, Josh returned to Rhode Island to work as an IT Technician for Ocean State Job Lot.
Josh enrolled at the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School in 2005. While there, Josh became active in Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, worked on the Buffalo Public Interest Law Journal, and worked for the Office of Development, eventually being promoted to the department's Graduate Assistant. Josh received his Juris Doctor degree from UB in 2008. After being admitted to practice law in the State of New York in February, 2009, Josh hung up a shingle, opening the Law Offices of Joshua Dubs on March 6, 2009.
Josh lives in Lockport, New York. He is married to Lauren, a pharmacist. They have two children, Matthew and Isabelle, and one cat, Sunny. A die-hard and devoted fan of the New England Patriots and Boston Red Sox, Josh also enjoys writing, playing guitar, playing golf, and traveling. In his spare time, Josh is a Certified Football Official, officiating football games from little league to high school level all over Western New York. Josh also rides in the Ride for Roswell every year, achieving Extra Mile Club status for 10 consecutive years and counting.
Josh is proud to be a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Erie County, the Bar Association of Niagara County, the Bar Association of Orleans County, and the Niagara Frontier Alumni Association of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International. Josh was previously a Board Member for the the UB Law School GOLD Group, and Project Homeless Connect Buffalo.
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- Juris Doctorate - 2008
- Honors: Carlos C. Alden Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity, President
- Honors: Office of Development, Graduate Assistant
- Union College
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Honors: Member, Student Judiciary Committee
- Minor: History and Performance Art
- Rocky Hill School
- Honors: cum laude
- New York, 2009
- Volunteer Lawyer’s Project “VIP Award”, 2012
- Volunteer Lawyer’s Project “Solo Practice Award”, 2014
- New York State Bar Association’s President’s Pro Bono Award, 8th Judicial District, 2014
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Probate/Estates, 2014
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Law Practice Management Committee, Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Member
- Bar Association of Niagara County, Member
- Bar Association of the Tonawandas, Member
- New York State Defenders' Association, Member
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (WNY Chapter), Member
- Niagara Frontier Alumni Association of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, Member
- UB Law School GOLD Group, Member
- 8th Judicial District for the Young Lawyer’s Section
- Niagara USA Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Board of the SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association’s GOLD Group
- Project Homeless Connect Buffalo
- Ocean State Job Lot, IT Technician